Monday, May 14, 2007

Mommy and Me Collage Time

Mom and I worked on collages together when I was in AZ visiting. This was my Mom's first attempt at collage on canvas. She usually paints and sews so she wanted to try something different. She was a natural at it! I worked on an 8x10 canvas for my sister and brother-in-law. It has a sailing theme using a picture of their sailboat and other sailing elements. Here is the initial layout (below). I arrange and lay everything out and then I take a digital picture of it. Then when I take everything off to start decoupaging, I have the picture to refer back to so I don't forget. Thank God for digital cameras! Here is the finished piece (below). It was displayed at an auction to advertise a sailing trip on their boat being auctioned off to raise money for their children's school. It is now on an easel in the den of their home. Here it is being displayed at the auction (below).
Here is Mom's collage layout (below). The style is "shabby chic/cottage, what else! I don't have a picture of the finished piece because she was still working on it when I left AZ. This is good start though don't you think? Hurry up mom I want to see how it turns out!







No comments: