Saturday, August 02, 2008

Happy 11th Birthday Molly!

Here is my granddaughter Molly having her 11th Birthday party at Collage Cafe Art Studio!

She had invited eight girls and they painted and collaged wooden plaques for there bedrooms!

They had so much fun. One of Molly's friends brought her IPod so they listened to all of their favorite tunes on my IPod player and munched on goodies while they collaged. That's my daughter Natasha (Molly's Mom) looking up from the table. She almost looks like she's the same age as the girls! lol!

Here is Molly's finished plaque. She loves puppies as you can see! Below is her friend Izabella's plaque. It was so interesting to see how each of the girl's plaques were so unique to their personalities. They all had a great time and got to take home a beautiful piece of art!
I think there is really something to this birthday party idea. I would love to do more of these. It's exciting to see the girls really come out of their shells! I think I'll start promoting these kinds of parties! I also have such a place in my heart for teens and young people. I want them to come to the studio and do their art and bring their music (Ipods) and hang out and express themselves through collage!!!!!! YES!!!! I'm thinking this might be my mission or part of it anyway!

No comments: