Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Chicken Festival in San Juan Bautista

Another one of my favorite places on earth is San Juan Bautista, California! There is something about this place that feels magical. It's back in the hills on the way to the coast of Monterey and is the home of the old mission San Juan Bautista on the El Camino Real. A few weeks ago they had their annual "Chicken Festival" to celebrate the chickens and roosters that freely roam the streets of the town.
It was a beautiful day! I definitely got my arts and crafts fix with all of the super cool booths! One of the most gorgeous booths was that of my online pal Heather Bluhm Simpson. It was great to finally see her in person after so many years of communicating online. Her booth was truly the most beatiful and creative of the entire festival!

And... I can't go to San Juan Bautista without visiting the old Mission! So much history there!

Entrance to the mission with the beautiful old bell that hangs overhead. You can really feel the history and the spirits of those who lived here long ago but mostly I feel God's Holy Spirit here.


The gift shop in the mission is really cool. I love the old religious art and artifacts.

Don't you just love the patina turquoise color of this old door panel from the mission? Someday I want to paint the outside of my house this color! Love it! Wouldn't my neighbors love it! lol! Maybe I'll move to San Juan Bautista... I wish!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

My, you look ravishing! I always thought that rose garden would be a sweet little place to get married.