Sunday, January 24, 2010

More Tiny Candles and Matchboxes

Another girls night with my bff Becky and my son's girlfriend Ashley. It been so fun and therapeutic collaging these tiny candles and matchboxes. Seems to be getting the creative juices flowing again after a long dry spell. Here's Becky working on her "Zen line" lol!
Here is Ashley making her Vintage Hollywood Glamor candle and matchbox set!

As for me I decided to make a mermaid matchbox to add to my collection of sea treasures gathered last summer on every outing to the beach. I never want to forget the feeling I get when I'm near the ocean so I gathered elements from the beach and placed them in a wooden bowl in my bathroom. Now every time I look at them it takes me back to the sea. I can light a candle with my mermaid matches and look at my shells, sea glass, driftwood, moss, rocks and feathers and go to the beach in my mind. Ahhhhhhh!

Me after a night of art and vino. I'm a very happy and satisfied girl!

2 comments:

Linda said...

Hi Honey! Love your new picture. Sounds like you guys had lots of fun. I need to do some art. Haven't done any for a long time.

Anonymous said...

I want to make these when I'm there, they are so cute.